Friday, February 13, 2015

Learning Lives through engineering viewpoints

I fell in love with biology since my high school in Thailand. I participated in national and international Biology Olympiad, and learned lots of stuffs in biology - biochemistry, genetics, cell biology ... That makes me want to study biology for my bachelor's degree.

However, I think there's more than biology that interests me. I often search for biology news on the Internet, and I found lots of cool research (for example, genome synthesis, virus and bacteria engineering), and I began to think about the all biology stuffs I've learned. How about I can use that knowledge to make an impact? I then emerged myself into the world of biological engineering.

I chose this class because I want to learn more about what biological engineers work on. I learned how to use biological "switch" to produce something from iGEM project 2006, which is very cool. I mean, it just started (only 2 weeks) and I am so excited what I am going to learn more. I think this class is going to inspire me with a lot of cool things people doing something with living organisms.

We are about to do our project and I am so excited that I am about to put my idea or research I learned to actually make something. I am looking forward to work with my team and come up with something tangible, yet awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. This is a moderated site and so all posts are reviewed before they are visible. We appreciate your patience while this review is underway.