Wow, time really seems to be flying by. It seems like we've just barely started the semester and yet we're already through our three ideas presentation and on our way to specifying our final system. Among my team's 3 ideas - early cancer detection, biological UV protection and rapid wound sealing - we decided to move forward with the early cancer detection system. I felt pretty good about each of the ideas but I think we made a good decision in the end. Cancer is definitely a "hot" subject area plus, I might be able to use some of the immunology-related research I've been doing for my iGEM project to help with the sensing/localization side of things. This weekend will likely see a lot more research for each of us and I'm excited to see what we come up with; especially because we can be a little more optimistic as far as functionality goes since we won't actually be building the final system.
I'm still really enjoying the class. Everyone - Natalie, 20.385 mentors, other 20.020 students - have been great to work with and it's cool to see how people approach these kinds of problems that we're setting out to solve.
On a slightly less academic note, I would like to give a huge shout out to Natalie for making presentation day a little less intimidating by getting us all Chipotle.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting. This is a moderated site and so all posts are reviewed before they are visible. We appreciate your patience while this review is underway.