Friday, April 3, 2015

Tangible Progress

After working on this project for a couple of days, I feel like I have a much better grasp of what creating a prototype would actually entail. Breaking down our system into devices, and then parts, has been really helpful in making everything seem more plausible. It seems that if we complete the design and find the appropriate parts, we could just order a batch of products online and make our project a reality! Of course, I realize that things are not that simple: physical models don't always work the way they should in theory. But working with the theory has been really exciting because there are no physical impediments to limit our progress in designing the project. Our design only has to satisfy logic and previous knowledge of biological parts.

Having said that, I have been surprised at our progress. Instead of being steady, it seems to occur in bursts, when someone finds a part we can use. These bursts are then followed by periods of stagnation in which everyone is researching on their laptop. I wonder if this is what bioengineering is actually like.

And of course, I shouldn't neglect to mention that the team theme song, costumes, and bat signal also seem to be under development.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. This is a moderated site and so all posts are reviewed before they are visible. We appreciate your patience while this review is underway.